Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oven Roasted Potatoes


A big shout out to my friend Michelle. She's the blog's first follower. What is it about having blog followers that brings instant joy? "You like me, you really like me!!!" In honor of Michelle, I shall do a gluten free, cheese free, yummy treat that is dipable (a word? No? Its one now) in ketchup. I think that counts for her, Ryan and Lily's qualifications, but maybe not.


Oven Roasted Potatoes

3lbs red potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
salt and pepper*

Set the oven for 400 degrees. Dice the potatoes in small pieces, approximately 1-2 inches, no certain shape, just chunk the heck out of them as fast as you can. Toss them on a cookie sheet. Brush olive oil all over the potatoes and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.

Bake for 20 minutes, then eat.

*I probably use about a tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper, I usually just shake it on till I feel like its enough. The potatoes soak the salt up, so I find I use more than I first thought I would.

**I made these Tuesday of this week and added a tsp of dried dill to the mix and it was equally delicious.

***I realize that its explosively hot this summer and heating an oven to 400 degrees probably isn't smart. But a diet coke at Macaroni Grill is $2.50, so just staying at my house saved us $2.50, plus $3.40 a gallon in gas, so we've already saved $6 just staying at home, I don't judge.

1 comment:

  1. I DO like you!...and not just 'cause you give me choco-covered almonds and cool boy stuff and aren't, ya know, psychotic and don't kick me out of play groups and stuff. Ok, that last one's a definite plus.

    Thanks for posting the yummy GF, cheese-free, family-pleasing, not-too-difficult-for-a-crappy-cook-such-as-myself recipe! I shall try it out asap.

    ReplyDelete