Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Copycat Panera Poppyseed Salad


I love this salad. I had it at Panera Bread Company and I couldn't stop thinking about it. In all honesty, Panera Bread Company is in my top 5 favorite places to eat. I LOVE their bagels, especially the jalapeno cheese bagels (sorry Max, I was so hooked on those while pregnant, that probably explains his reflux). I also love the soup and the sandwiches, and now I love this salad. I can't really afford to spend $7 on a salad everytime I want this salad, which is for lunch and dinner every day of the week, so I found a copycat recipe and I've already made it twice. Yum-o.

Salad

  • 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 cup mandarin oranges
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • grilled chicken breast, chunks (if you want meat)

DRESSING


  • 1/2 cup miracle whip, i use light
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup Splenda
  • 1/8 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Mix the salad fixins together, put 2 tbsp dressing on top individual salads. It gets really sloppy if you put it on the entire salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment